[Factc] Diversity Summit July 19 & 20, 2018

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Jun 7 04:33:21 PDT 2018

It's Time: Disruption for Diversity

The Office of Equity & Pluralism (OEP) at Bellevue College
invites you to a two day Diversity Summit

Keynote Speaker
Dr. Sheila Edwards Lange, President, Seattle Central College

This workshop is open and will be beneficial to all staff, administrators and faculty.

Dates: Thursday July 19, and Friday, July 20, 2018
Time: July 19, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Breakfast & lunch Included) & July 20, 8:30 - noon
Location: Bellevue College Main Campus, Room D106
Cost: Free to BC employees; $50.00 for non-BC employees
Diversity Summit Information
The Diversity Summit offers a chance to dialogue and exchange knowledge to advance inclusive excellence.  We envision conference attendees acquiring new ways to connect with one another, gain new insights, and help ensure equitable access to educational opportunities at their institutions.  We hope that you take advantage of the networking opportunities, innovative workshops led by colleagues committed to social justice and diversity/inclusive excellence, panel discussion with CDO's, and other presentations.

Topics we hope to cover and discuss include: Equity and Inclusion Strategies, Microaggressions, Cultural Responsiveness: Disability and Intersectionality, Privilege and Class, Religion/Spirituality, Gender and Sexual identity, and Immigration, to name a few.
To register for the summit, please email: Christina Duong, christina.duong at bellevuecollege.edu<mailto:christina.duong at bellevuecollege.edu>, by Friday, July 13, 2018.
Questions?
Contact Beabe Akpojovwo<mailto:beabe.akpojovwo at bellevuecollege.edu>, M.Th.; CDP
[Compass]Jennifer Whetham
Program Administrator, Assessment, Teaching, and Learning
Faculty Development
jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4354 * c: 206.310.1291