[Factc] Spring Meeting Update

Smith, Gerard GSmith at clark.edu
Mon Apr 23 10:50:48 PDT 2018

Hello FACTC

Three legislators will be joining us for dinner on the 4th:  Rep, Stonier, Kraft and Wylie, along with Clark President Bob Knight.  Looks like we'll have an engaging conversation just as we did with Rep. Polliet.

Only 15-16 members will be attending the meeting.  If you do plan to attend and have NOT sent me an email confirmation, please let me know, so I can adjust dinner reservations and breakfast orders.

So far,  we have several resolutions to consider, one from the WSLC which Jim Howe has forwarded which we should discuss.   Reza and Arlen noted expanding dual credit (SB 6209) vs. CHS and reducing tuition by 10%  (SB 6543).   Free community college tuition or college promise programs have also come up.   I would like to consider a resolution for funding OER development, and the PT-FT conversion issue that was severely modified during the last session.  If you have other issue that we should address for this legislative session, please come prepared to present your ideas.  Jen and Bill, please chime in!!!

Gerry