[Factc] SBCTC Legislative News | February 10, 2017

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:20:10 PST 2017

A new edition of Legislative News for the 2017 session has been posted...

With one week until the first cutoff date of the 2017 session, policy committees were hard at work hearing and voting on bills to continue them on in the legislative process. The Washington Promise Program, which would provide free community and technical college tuition to eligible students, highlighted Wednesday's House Higher Education Committee hearing...

Read the full blog post<http://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/legislative-news/2017/february/2017-02-10.aspx>

State Board legislative intern Brenda Portaro has this week's interns update: State Need Grant highlight of the week as students join to testify<http://www.sbctc.edu/blogs/legislative-news/2017/february/state-need-grant-highlight-of-the-week-as-students-join-to-testify.aspx>

If I had to summarize this week in two words, it would be "financial aid." Kate Hummel and I were involved in many events this week that is hoping our legislators will listen, and that is: we need financial aid.

NOTE:  To avoid duplication, members of community and technical college email group distribution lists (SBCTC staff, PIOs, presidents, advancement, trustees, development officers) need not join this eList.