[Factc] Academic certificates

Bill Moore bmoore at sbctc.edu
Fri Feb 10 11:28:33 PST 2017

Bill Moore, Ph.D.
Director, K-12 Partnerships & Core to College Alignment
State Board for Community & Technical Colleges

From: Joyce Hammer
 Attached is the memo sent out last fall from Scott and me to ATC as well as IC and WSSSC I believe (Scott/Joe would have handled that).  Colleges can offer academic certificates but need to not be called "certificates" and required to be imbedded into a transfer degree. The latter has been an issue for some colleges who want a stand-alone. Not a SBCTC policy but the memo interprets Financial Aid regulations.

Let me know if you need more information or if the attachment didn't come through.

Joyce

http://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/atc/2016-fall-academiccertificates.pdf