[DEOC] SAVE THE DATE: SBCTC Government-to-Government Summit on June 18, 2024

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 20 16:31:54 PDT 2024

Dear DEOC--

Please see the invitation below to save the date for an upcoming Tribal Summit hosted by SBCTC's Office of Tribal Government Affairs, led by Glenda Breiler. This summit is hosted in collaboration with the Evergreen State College and takes place on June 18, 2024. Your presidents and chancellors have also received this invitation.

This summit will look and feel a little different from summits you may have attended in the last year or so with our former Director of TGA, Lynn Palmanteer-Holder. The focus of this summit will be for shared learning and best practices in working with and being in relationship with Washington Tribes and we will be hearing from practitioners, students, and Tribal leaders.

The registration link is still being finalized, so for now please save the date, and I'll follow up with a calendar invite from Glenda so you have a hold on your calendars.

Glenda is copied here if you have any initial questions.

Looking forward to gathering with y'all!

peace,
sophia

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:5eb66c16-de6e-4921-b0ed-8443f2f32c0a]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>

Dear Diversity and Equity Officers:

Please accept this invitation to save-the-date for our Government-to-Government Summit between WA Tribes and college leaders. The Evergreen State College is hosting this historical event in collaboration with the WA State Board of Community and Technical Colleges to build meaningful relationships in higher education. The vision of these summits is to advance local Indigenous knowledge(s) and improve access and pathways to post-secondary education, and career and technical training. Please contact SBCTC Director of Tribal Government Affairs, Glenda Breiler (Colville) (information below) for any questions and look for registration in the near future. Calendar invite will follow shortly.

[cid:6473d889-a014-475e-8c5b-3c8d0c8facdd]

 limlmtx (thank you),

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Glenda Breiler, (Colville~Okanogan), MSW

Director or Tribal Government Affairs

gbreiler at sbctc.edu<mailto:ishaver at sbctc.edu> • c: 206-724-3782

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>