[DEOC] Resource: NADOHE Communication Guide (2023)

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Sat Mar 16 10:58:44 PDT 2024

A friendly reminder about this resource, folks! I shared it way back, but as we head into another election cycle and we are finding ourselves having to explain all the things, I hope it can be a helpful guide.

We all have different ways we describe our work and positionality within our institutions, so consider this a supplement to that.

Download: NADOHE Communication Guide (2023)<https://nadohe.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/resources/NADOHE%20Communication%20Guide.pdf>

The goal of the guide is:

...to equip diversity professionals, institutional leaders, and others in- and outside of higher education with standard messaging, talking points, and other resources to show how diversity work is central to the success of all institutions of higher education in the country and the success of a robust democracy. While this guide provides standard information, we encourage members to expand this messaging and tailor it with localized data and information to support their unique institutional needs.

This document was written to provide a clear, concise, and coherent description of our work and its impact on the overall mission of higher education. It is also intended to debunk the myths and mischaracterizations of the work and facilitate constructive interactions and communications between higher education institutions and state, federal, and local agencies.

Glad to share space with a number of you at NADOHE this week.

peace,
sophia

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:dccc46cb-ecba-43cb-b9d0-ff1c1354226f]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>