[DEOC] Request

Britten, Robert Robert.Britten at lwtech.edu
Thu Feb 8 12:27:48 PST 2024

Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that we have a meeting next Friday 9-10:30 am. We need to do our elections and get updates on report-outs.

We do have a request from Instruction Commission (IC) and the IC Chair Dr. Lori Hunt would like be invited to share and cross collaborate with us.

A couple of things they are asking feedback on from the DEOC is:

1.      You have probably heard that the state is looking at a new student service software so IC has asked liaisons to connect with committees to see if there are things you feel are needed in a software so we can share this info with the committee doing the research.
2.      Has anyone looked at or utilizes any AI software solutions that search documents and such for bias or other things like inclusive language?

Please attend the meeting to select our future leaders and any input on the questions posed would be helpful. I'll share your responses with Dr. Hunt as I receive them.

Thank you,

Robert Britten, Executive Director of EDI
W205C | 11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T:  (425) 739-8100 X8441 |  robert.britten at lwtech.edu<mailto:robert.britten at lwtech.edu>