[DEOC] Concerns about FSOCC 2024

Valencia, Iesha Iesha.Valencia at cptc.edu
Thu Apr 4 12:04:51 PDT 2024

Thank you Consuelo for your proactive engagement with this. I too have similar concerns and will need more information prior to supporting attendance. For my team specifically (who report directly to me) I have a placed a 'no travel' hold for 3 weeks (the week prior to elections, election week, and the week after) so that we can be on campus during this contentious time. That being said, I have already made the decision to not send anyone from my team, however I need to explore more information to see how that will impact my decision to fund and support other faculty and staff of color who request to go.

In Community,

Iesha Valencia (she,her,hers), M.Ed.
Associate Vice President for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Clover Park Technical College