[DEOC] Commission Action Requested: Promising Practice Exchange Topics

Valencia, Iesha Iesha.Valencia at cptc.edu
Mon Sep 25 12:32:18 PDT 2023

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for taking the lead on this and seeing what emerges as a theme for DEOC's top 2 to send forward. Here are my thoughts:

CiHS and SBCTC Funding Opportunities and Challenges: An in-depth look at the current funding landscape, identifying the opportunities and challenges presented by CiHS and SBCTC funding programs.

  *   if this addresses our system-wide failure of implementing ctcLink that allows each campus to run an entirely different financial aid process then I think this would be really good. We need to figure out as a state how we can reduce the amount of time it takes to award students and right now the figure is being pointed to ctcLink barriers.

Aligning Guided Pathways with CLNA Strategies: A thorough examination of how planning processes intersect and align between Workforce, Transfer, BEdA, and Equity initiatives, providing a cohesive approach to Guided Pathways.

  *   I don't know what CLNA is but i am in favor of aligning GP with our EDI strategic plans and supporting state wide programs like SOCC

Lower Columbia College Summer Scholars Program: A program for male BIPOC students enrolled in a college success course attended lunch help sessions. In addition to building a community, they were also invited to give feedback on course content and language used in the admissions process.

  *   CPTC is starting something like this for Black men for Summer 2024 and I'm curious to hear how many within our system are incorporating summer bridge programs to address specific systemic inequities at their campuses.

In Community,
Iesha