[DEOC] The Convening: Journey Towards Liberation Call for Proposals

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Thu Sep 14 11:16:45 PDT 2023

Dear DEOC--

Please see invitation below from a colleague/friend at Technology Access Foundation (side note, I'm working with them on some things for SBCTC—happy to share their offerings to those interested) about a call for proposals for their upcoming Convening. Last year they had the one and only Dr. Bettina Love as their keynote.

________

Hi Sophia,

I wanted to circle around to continue the conversation about potential collaboration, and to share The Convening: Journey Towards Liberation Call for Proposals with you. Could The Convening be an opportunity to gather your group of DEI leaders at the community colleges together to lead a session?

[cid:9b573c0b-13e9-4735-9ce5-8f937cd252ff]

Network for EdWork’s Annual Convening<https://nwewconvening.techaccess.org/> is happening February 23-24, 2024 at UW, and the Call for Proposals<https://forms.office.com/r/iv9dgF7sgC> is OPEN! This year’s theme is Journey Towards Liberation. Submit your talk, panel, workshop, interactive performance, or activity for consideration.

The Convening is open to educators who identify as BIPOC and all leaders in education.

cheers!
sung

Sung Kim

Director, Network for EdWork

Technology Access Foundation (TAF)

sungk at techaccess.org<https://techaccess.org/>

DONATE ><https://techaccess.org/donate/> | VOLUNTEER ><https://techaccess.org/volunteer/> | PARTNER ><https://techaccess.org/corporate-partners/>

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:4b3ea137-5ed7-4c08-8b74-674d4845fd60]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>