[DEOC] Crowdsourcing help re: gender affirming care

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Wed Apr 19 11:43:05 PDT 2023

Good morning DEOC!

Passing on a message from our colleague, Matthew Jeffries, director of the LGBTQ+ Center at WSU Pullman. He's looking for conversation partners regarding difficulties with insurance that their trans employees are experiencing as they seek gender affirming care.

Please see the message below from Matthew, who is also copied here, and reach out to him if you have info that can be helpful.

Peace,
Sophia

-----------------------------

Hello!

My name is Matthew Jeffries and I’m the director of our LGBTQ+ Center at WSU Pullman. I am hearing that at least two of our trans employees have been having issues receiving gender affirming care until they file discrimination claims against their insurance. I’m wondering if you are hearing anything similar from your campus. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Matthew

[WSU Coug Head]

MATTHEW JEFFRIES, PHD

DIRECTOR

Campus Climate and Community Building

Division of Student Affairs

Washington State University

Office: 509-335-3417

Email: matthew.jeffries at wsu.edu

studentaffairs.wsu.edu<https://studentaffairs.wsu.edu/>

he/him/his

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[cid:dda61eac-5ce1-4aa7-972e-1bccaa4ec0ae]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>