[DEOC] Committee Work

Britten, Robert Robert.Britten at lwtech.edu
Tue Apr 18 07:31:46 PDT 2023

Good Morning DEO's,

I'm following up on this email request to have someone serve on the Data Governance Group. Again we previously had representatives on this group and they have both since left the system. I fully recognize that we are all taxed at a high level and while I don't want to overburden any of you there is still lots to be done. As I have communicated in prior communications this is a "working Commission" and It's impossible for me to be everywhere and do everything on behalf of everyone and others not do some of the heavy lifting. Our newer members are getting use to their roles in the systems and are not expected to jump right in and serve in these roles though many have done so. It simply does not serve us well for approximately 26 of us to be going into battle and only 8 are fighting.

I'll leave it right there.....

Humbly,

[cid:image001.png at 01D971C7.D404DF60]
Robert Britten, Executive Director of EDI
W205C | 11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
I'm looking for a couple of persons to serve on the statewide Data Governance group. They are in the midst of creating some system guidance related to how to use Pronouns and Chosen names for students now that those options are about to be available for students and they would love to have DEOC input and guidance. This is an important part of our DEO work in changing system outcomes related to access, belonging and identity.

They would ideally like to have two persons on this group but one would be an amazing start. Please let me know if you currently have capacity to be part of this important part of our work.

Humbly,

[cid:image003.png at 01D971C3.6286E7B0]