[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Item Type Security

Brandon Reed breed at sbctc.edu
Thu Jun 1 14:55:35 PDT 2023

You may have momentarily been unable to access item types...that was due to a check box and a process not having run.

Specifically, the item type security "turn on" check box had not been selected...so today around 2:00, the box was selected, and the security was turned on.  We heard within minutes that staff were impacted and proceeded to turn it off.  This act restored broad item type access.

The issue is that the "Set Security" process needs to run to give permission to the item types/nodes distributed to everyone two weeks ago.  As the "Set Security" process should not be processed during the day, we will wait until it runs tomorrow morning at 5am when it is scheduled.

Tonight, we will check the box to activate item type security (hopefully when everyone is not working) and then the scheduled 5:00am set security process will permit the use of the item types/nodes that have been assigned.

SO - tomorrow morning (not 5/24 as we had thought) item type security will be active.  We will be reviewing access and be ready for any questions that may arise.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.
-BR

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Brandon Reed
Associate Dir. Campus Solutions - Student Financials
breed at sbctc.edu<mailto:breed at sbctc.edu>