[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Census Day Refresher Training Follow Up

Kelly Forsberg kforsberg at sbctc.edu
Tue Jul 11 17:00:23 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who joined me on the Census Day Processing Refresher Training we held on 07/11/2023.  I am so sorry to say, I failed to hit the record button this morning, so this morning's training session was not recorded.  My most sincere apologies!

However, as promised, I do have follow up answers to questions that were posed this morning:

Q1.  Do we (colleges) have to stop our ISIR JobSet (FA Term Batch process) to make room for the Census JobSet.

A1. No, you can run your Census JobSet at the 12:30 AM timeframe we covered in today's training.  It has been confirmed that the new ISIR JobSet timeslots will not bump up against the Census FA Term process, so you're in the clear!  The issue being that you would not want to have a Batch FA Term in your ISIR JobSet running the same time as the Batch FA Term in your Census JobSet running.  To get more concrete, as an example, if your published Census Day is today, 07/11/2023, you would kick off your Census JobSet as Active on 7/12/23 at 12:30 AM; no FA Tern processes from other jobs are scheduled during this time.

Q2. How do we track for census for classes that have a late start?

A2. If you have classes that are DYN (dynamic-dated), have open enrollment, or start much later than the start date of your term, you can track those students using the query QCS_FA_ENRL_NONTYPCL_DT_CLASS.  Huge shoutout to Joshua Temple on creating this query for Spokane and making it widely available in PRD.  This query will find Financial Aid students who have a Class start or end date does not match term start or end dates. Prompts limit results for students' aid packaging status and drop date exists. Excludes CNED student career and BGB grading basis classes.  An example of how using this query would be helpful to you is:  You have a full-time award on the aid package, and the student's enrollment intensity is Full-Time for 15 units.  10 of those class units has a start date at the start of the quarter, but 5 of those class units do not begin class until two weeks after the start of the quarter.  So technically, at the time of Census, the student's enrollment intensity is Three-Qtr-Time.  So, to many of the processes, the Census process freezes FA Term at T - Three-Quarter-Time, but the student is eligible for a FT award, only when they are in the class that starts late.  So, you can choose to let the aid go out at T amount, and then give the remaining L amount when the late start date class starts.

Again, thanks for attending today's refresher, and my apologies I missed hitting the record button!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions; I will see you at the Q&A Support Session on Thursday 7/13 at 9AM.

Thanks!

[Compass]Kelly Forsberg
ctcLink Functional Trainer | Financial Aid
o: 360-704-1066