[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] UAT Update & Approved PRD Release on 4/27: SAP Item #3 MAXT with Development Credits Over 45

Amanda Hoover ahoover at sbctc.edu
Tue Apr 25 16:16:32 PDT 2023

Good afternoon, FA Community!

Thank you again to all of the colleges who attended the demo for the SAP Maximum Attempted Units bug fix on April12th! Since the majority of the UAT (User Acceptance Testing) testers approved, this SAP fix will be moved to Production (PRD), and is scheduled to be released this Thursday evening, April 27th.

Of the 18 colleges that responded to FA Support for requesting accounts in order to test, we received "Passed", okay to move to PRD from 10 colleges. Of those colleges who reached out with questions during testing, none expressed concerns about this project moving forward. In addition, we presented the MAXT solution and testing results to Working Group on April 19th .

We would like to extend a special thank you to the following colleges who both tested and signed off to approve moving this project into Production!

  *   Spokane Community College
  *   Clark College
  *   Centralia College
  *   Bellingham Technical College
  *   Yakima Valley College
  *   Wenatchee Valley College
  *   Lower Columbia College
  *   Bellevue College
  *   Seattle Central College
  *   Highline College

Overview

  *   Issue: Delivered SAP functionality generates negative numbers and does not properly exclude remedial course work up to the Max Units to Exclude configuration value for the Maximum Attempted Units (MAXT) Test. The State Board reported this bug to Oracle in 2019, and while Oracle acknowledged it as a bug, they have not indicated that a fix will be delivered.
  *   Solution: Modify delivered SAP code to read the correct field in the SAP Maximum Attempted Units Test so that students who have exceeded the Max Remedial Units to Exclude value will have a correct Max Attempted Units calculation, rather than a negative number.
  *   Implementation: This fix is targeted for a Production release of 4/27/23.

Solution Design & Testing Info.

  *   Demo/UAT Kick-Off Recording: https://sbctc.webex.com/webappng/sites/sbctc/recording/9ea6b832bb79103b8fff00505681df53/playback
  *   UAT Details: https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/98421/l/1668930-sap-3-maximum-attempted-units-bug-fix-for-remedial-credit-exclusions

Thank you,

[Compass]Amanda Hoover
Senior Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
ahoover at sbctc.edu<mailto:ahoover at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-1042