[CTCAccess] Revitalizing CATO

Rovner, Amy arovner at shoreline.edu
Thu Oct 17 16:25:46 PDT 2019

Good afternoon fellow AccessibleIT Coordinators!

SBCTC is working on revitalizing the Committee for Accessible Technology Oversight (CATO) and is looking for volunteers from our colleges.

If you haven't heard of CATO before, it has had a few versions in the past two years.  However, this group has been supporting accessible IT work at the state level with some policy work, supporting Access 360, working on a statewide solution to the need for software accessibility testing, getting Ally available to colleges and suggesting that the SBCTC support and subsidize captioning via Caption Hub.

Anyway - the work continues and some of the reporting structure within SBCTC is moving around. The remaining CATO members feel that it is vital to have a good number of voices from the colleges at the table to make sure work that is proposed is meaningful and helpful for us.

What is the commitment?
Nothing has been formalized yet but participating in CATO is likely going to require attendance at 4-6 meetings per year with many of these as virtual meetings and one or two face to face ones.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any follow up questions and do let me know if you are interested!

Thank you!
Amy

Amy Rovner, MPH RD
Instructional Designer & Accessible IT Coordinator
eLearning Services
Shoreline Community College
www.shoreline.edu<http://www.shoreline.edu/>  |  206.546.6937
eLearning Office: 206.546.6966
Pronouns: she, her, hers
[Shoreline Community College]<https://shoreline.edu/>
eLearning Service Help Center<https://elearning.shoreline.edu/hc/en-us>
Faculty Canvas 24/7 Help via Chat<https://cases.canvaslms.com/apex/liveagentchat>
Faculty Canvas 24/7 Phone Help: 1-888-672-2040
Student Canvas 24/7 Help via Chat<https://cases.canvaslms.com/liveagentchat?chattype=student>
Drop in help with basic computing<http://www.shoreline.edu/apply-and-aid/learning-support-centers/business-computer-software.aspx>