[CTCAccess] Global Accessibility Awareness Day (May 16)

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Thu May 9 15:02:34 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I have a couple of exciting announcements to help folks gear up for Global Accessibility Awareness Day:

Earn a 2019 GAAD Badge!
Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) is May 16th this year! According to the GAAD website, “The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) access/inclusion and people with different disabilities.” I’m excited to recognize folks who participate in and host GAAD events with an exciting new … Continue reading on the AccessWA blog<https://accesswa.blog/2019/05/09/earn-a-2019-gaad-badge/>

Celebrate Accessibility & Win $1,000 for Closed Captioning
Next Thursday is Global Accessibility Awareness Day! In addition to launching a new series of rockstar-inspired badges that recognize involvement in accessibility-related events (see my previous blog post), I’m excited to announce that SBCTC will be awarding one of the Washington community and technical colleges a $1,000 credit towards closed captioning with the Caption Hub. … Continue reading on the AccessWA blog<https://accesswa.blog/2019/05/09/celebrate-accessibility-win-1000-for-closed-captioning/>

(Wondering where the kittens and rock music is? Don't worry -- they're in the blog posts!)

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
(she/her pronouns)

Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog> | Accessibility Lessons<https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/1578604/><https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!