[CTCAccess] Accessibility 101: STEM Edition

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 22 13:32:25 PDT 2018

I am really excited to announce that we have a new version of Accessibility 101 that has launched this week: Accessibility 101: STEM Edition

This course takes most of the same content from the standard Accessibility 101 course and layers on a good dose of STEM-centric guidance as it relates to accessible math equations and functions to alt text for complex graphics.

While registration for the course was only open a few days due to the incredible demand, we have a public-facing version of the lessons that can be shared widely.
It's an easy link to commit to memory: http://bit.ly/A101-STEM

None of this would have been possible without the guidance and rich content developed earlier this year by Krista Greear. Krista brings with her a decade's worth of experience in higher education, accessibility, and technology. She has extensive experience working with students, faculty, and administrators within higher education institutions.

We're uncertain how often we'll be able to run a facilitated version of this particular course, so over the coming weeks, I'll be building practice activities into the public-facing version in order to give folks interested some guided self-assessments. Stay tuned!

Jess :)

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/> |https://accesswa.blog/
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!