[corrections_edu_it] OSN Meeting update\questions

John Michel jmichel at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:17:32 PDT 2024

Good morning, everyone,
I asked a few questions in the OSN meeting today and in return have a few back for all of you. If you could please provide me with this information and how it relates to your site, it will help me move forward with getting access on the OSN for everyone.

  1.  Is your site utilizing Aztec.
     *   If you are using Aztec, is it through the companion box connected to the network?
  2.  Do you have existing server hardware that you would prefer to us on the OSN instead of VM's?
DOC wants me to put in a non-standard hardware request to have an Aztec companion box approved on the OSN. Once that is cleared, we can work with network services to move a box onto the OSN at your site to give them access to Aztec software on the OSN. For sites using GED Academy, we are already approved to install the software on a virtual application server on the OSN. If you would like more information on this, let me know and I can help with this.
DOC is also wanting to start discussions on what it looks like to continue utilizing Education servers for those of us who invested in the hardware. For sites that are running older or less powerful servers, then you would just continue to utilize DOC's ESX host for virtual servers.
Let me know if you have any questions,

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
John Michel
Senior Support Engineer / Corrections Education
jmichel at sbctc.edu<mailto:jmichel at sbctc.edu> * c: 253-549-1974
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/>