[corrections_edu_it] DOC IT Tickets Follow-up

John Michel jmichel at sbctc.edu
Fri Apr 19 13:45:32 PDT 2024

Good afternoon, everyone,
I'm reaching back out to everyone as I wanted to clarify some things to prevent confusion.
Andy and I are working with DOC on the SLA and would like to have some data to bring with us into conversations to help address concerns that have been raised regarding ticket response times. We are interested in collecting as much information as possible on your experiences with the ticketing system and how quickly DOC resolves the issues. This way we can look at the data collected and bring it to DOC to try and get everyone better response times on the issues.
So, this is the information that I would like to collect from you all.
Note: I don't expect everyone to review all their DOC IT tickets. Though we would appreciate any information that you can provide. Things to look for would be instances where you submitted a ticket, and it took longer than expected to resolve and negatively impacted education. GED laptops come to mind as a common place where we tend to see delays.

  *   Ticket numbers (SR123456, or IN123456, or any other numbering format they have used in their helpdesk).
  *   A description of the ticket.
  *   If the ticket is currently open or closed
  *   If the ticket is opened,
     *   When did you open the ticket.
     *   Did you get a response from DOC IT on the ticket (Questionnaire, status update, etc.)
     *   What is the estimated resolution date?
  *   If the ticket has been closed,
     *   When did you open the ticket and when was it closed.
     *   Was the issue resolved successfully.
     *   Was the ticket closed without a resolution and was a reason provided.
        *   Did the reason provide an adequate solution to resolve the issue?
Thank you for taking the time to get me this information. Andy and I will be looking to setup time to start reviewing the information sometime next week.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
John Michel
Senior Support Engineer / Corrections Education
jmichel at sbctc.edu<mailto:jmichel at sbctc.edu> * c: 253-549-1974
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/>