[corrections_edu_faculty] [Information]: New Accessibility Tool Available for Corrections Education

Andy Duckworth aduckworth at sbctc.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:14:28 PDT 2023

Good Morning Corrections Education Faculty!

A Canvas course package has been created for hosting accessibility tools for use in the corrections environment. Currently this package contains the NVDA screen reader<https://www.nvaccess.org/about-nvda/> tool and user's manual. If you have students with vision challenges or learn better by having the contents of the computer screen read out loud, this tool may be of use.

The Canvas course, titled "Accessibility Software" should be available in your local Canvas environment. If it has not been loaded, you can reach out to your local IT support for assistance. You can use the Canvas import tool to load NVDA from this course in to any course which will make it available to your students.

Andy Duckworth (he|him)

Technology Innovation Officer

w (360) 704-4311 c (253) 318-7586

[cid:c7a0631d-dc2b-4978-a8ba-ddaf9638520d]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a19387ebdf9440c3a7d1ee06ca22cc62@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/a19387ebdf9440c3a7d1ee06ca22cc62@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>