[CATO] [SPAM] Monica's maternity leave and 3 items of importance

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:55:01 PST 2024

Hi CATO,

I will be on maternity leave beginning 2/13 and returning in early June. Rest assured that I will make a game plan with your co-chairs to keep the meetings running smoothly during my absence. A few things to note:

  1.
Only one member signed up to help with the Charter revision work. If you are still considering it, please fill out the Charter Revision Sign Up Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVe9lO3zUVky3AV_HvOQWUYe9aTItvUBoZKa3wjfLc-v3v4Q/viewform>.
  2.
We made the decision to postpone a second round of the Web Accessibility Learning Lab and are hoping to offer a shorted "Summer Camp" version in August.
  3.
The Department of Justice anticipates making a final decision on the proposed changes to Title II of the ADA<https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=202310&RIN=1190-AA79> this coming April 2024. I will still be on leave, so my plea is that CATO members work together to keep an eye on this and provide critical updates to STAC and our system.

Thanks,
Monica

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

•Email: molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • Phone: 360-704-3922

The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.

Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

[cid:734e0992-888b-451c-85db-88f330b4da3d]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>