[BLC] REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR: Women in Leadership Symposium 2024 - Center of Excellence Homeland Security and Emergency Management

Linda Crerar LCrerar at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Apr 8 13:54:42 PDT 2024

Good afternoon and hope everyone enjoyed watching the Eclipse event,

I want to invite you all to join us for our 5th in our series of Women in Leadership events.  We will have special gifts and certificates for additional specialized training and education events in Resilience Management.  These activities will be part of your registration package and an evening Networking Event on May 14, where you will be able to meet with Sponsoring organizations and businesses.

Please share this information with your students and associates.  Attendance is for everyone and we definitely want to encourage men who serve as allies supporting women in leadership positions.

May 14-15, Puyallup Pierce College campus. The Puyallup Marriott will have hotel rooms available at a discounted rate for attendees.  Please share this with your networks.  Email or give me a call if you have any questions.  360.455.0220.  Linda Crerar, COE HSEM

Register Now!
Join us for this fantastic symposium celebrating women in leadership!
Register Here<https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/ev/reg/kma43nt/lp/8c72232f-c859-4e94-973b-b0a619a5f34d>

Women in Leadership Symposium 2024 - Center of Excellence for Homeland Security-Emergency Management (coehsem.com)<https://www.coehsem.com/women-in-leadership-symposium-2024/>

The Center’s first Women in Leadership Forum made its debut in 2019.  At that time there were no conferences or forums dedicated to helping women in the All-Hazards Emergency Management field find a positive environment for women to learn from those who have had a proven record of accomplishment in community resilience management in our safety, security and emergency/disaster preparedness professions.

This is our Center’s 20th Anniversary celebrating 20 years of work connecting public and private sectors communities to further the mission of making all in Washington State more prepared, and aware of current and emerging threats while exporting new career opportunities.

May 15, we will host our 5th leadership event at Pierce College in Puyallup, for students, newcomers to the field, mid-career managers, educators, allies and community and private industry collaborators.

Come join us to learn about diversity in every level of leadership, success stories and strategies for women thriving in traditionally male dominated fields.  We will be exploring diverse perspectives that enhance inclusive leadership, learning about leadership approaches that can be adapted to priories of mental well-being and work-life balance, and the importance of cultural competency in emergency management.  We will discuss the role of indigenous women and the power of mentorship, workplace advocacy, and ally ship. We’ll explore supportive infrastructure strategies and discuss the impact of technology on leadership skills and how these skills will help to empower and advance women in the cybersecurity field.

Our goal is as it was in 2019, to help women identify what their strengths are as leaders, where they want to go in terms of their education and career, and help them find and follow their dreams and goals.  Having more women in leadership roles is a matter of equity, and social justice and a strategic imperative for organizations looking to thrive in an increasingly diverse and competitive global landscape.