[BFET] Paying for rent

Gordon, Mark Mark.Gordon at Seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Mar 5 07:37:04 PST 2019

Good Morning All

Providing support services in the form of emergency rent assistance for students is proving extremely problematic.
We have a BFET credit card and it seems landlords as a rule don't accept credit card payments. I have tried going through a third party company (Plastiq) to convert our credit card payment into a check for the landlord but Plastiq would not process the transaction because my name was not on the lease (i.e you can't pay on someone else's behalf).

How do you manage this issue at your college?
Has anyone found a third party company that will allow payments on behalf of a student?

Regards,

Mark Gordon

Workforce Advisor (Basic Food Employment & Training - BFET)
Workforce Services, Seattle Central College, BE5166
To make an appointment, please follow this link: https://mark-gordon.youcanbook.me/
Direct - 206 934 6937
Main - 206 934 3854
Fax - 206 934 5564