[BFET] Fwd: Urgent! SNAP investments are now at risk in Farm Bill

Erin Frasier efrasier at sbctc.edu
Thu Jun 28 15:03:14 PDT 2018

Good afternoon,

As you have heard me discuss, there is proposed federal legislation to reauthorize the Farm Bill which regulates our Basic Food Employment and Training program.  We are in support of the Senate version which increases funding for education and training and does not add additional work requirements. There are efforts to amend this bill to add work requirements, so now is the time to share your support for the Senate's bill without the amendments. Please see the forward email from the National Skills Coalition for a direct link to do so.

Thank you,

Erin Frasier, Ed.D.
SBCTC Policy Associate

Urgent! SNAP investments are now at risk in Farm Bill

Dear Erin,

Earlier this week, we urged you to weigh in with your Senators in support of the bipartisan Agriculture Improvement Act, a Farm Bill reauthorization package that increased investments in SNAP Employment & Training and rejected the expansion of ineffective work requirements. But this important legislation could be derailed by amendments that would impose unnecessary new restrictions on SNAP.

Please write today and tell your Senators to
<https://click.everyaction.com/k/1517087/8179148/-1440642094?nvep=ew0KICAiVGVuYW50VXJpIjogIm5ncHZhbjovL3Zhbi9FQS9FQTAwMi8xLzY0MTY2IiwNCiAgIkRpc3RyaWJ1dGlvblVuaXF1ZUlkIjogIjYwNWMwMzRkLWZmN2EtZTgxMS04MGMyLTAwMGQzYTEyYjJiOSIsDQogICJFbWFpbEFkZHJlc3MiOiAiZWZyYXNpZXJAc2JjdGMuZWR1Ig0KfQ%3D%3D&hmac=40AVcok-V7s7zuOxTy1RAxuTYUwfJn15jJXMNlpYNLg=>

pass the Farm Bill without harmful changes to SNAP

.

Connect with us:

<https://click.everyaction.com/k/1517091/8179152/-1112261071?nvep=ew0KICAiVGVuYW50VXJpIjogIm5ncHZhbjovL3Zhbi9FQS9FQTAwMi8xLzY0MTY2IiwNCiAgIkRpc3RyaWJ1dGlvblVuaXF1ZUlkIjogIjYwNWMwMzRkLWZmN2EtZTgxMS04MGMyLTAwMGQzYTEyYjJiOSIsDQogICJFbWFpbEFkZHJlc3MiOiAiZWZyYXNpZXJAc2JjdGMuZWR1Ig0KfQ%3D%3D&hmac=40AVcok-V7s7zuOxTy1RAxuTYUwfJn15jJXMNlpYNLg=>

DONATE

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please
<https://email.everyaction.com/unsubscribeUnique/5e046b0f-f97a-e811-80c2-000d3a12b2b9/605c034d-ff7a-e811-80c2-000d3a12b2b9?nvep=ew0KICAiVGVuYW50VXJpIjogIm5ncHZhbjovL3Zhbi9FQS9FQTAwMi8xLzY0MTY2IiwNCiAgIkRpc3RyaWJ1dGlvblVuaXF1ZUlkIjogIjYwNWMwMzRkLWZmN2EtZTgxMS04MGMyLTAwMGQzYTEyYjJiOSIsDQogICJFbWFpbEFkZHJlc3MiOiAiZWZyYXNpZXJAc2JjdGMuZWR1Ig0KfQ%3D%3D&hmac=40AVcok-V7s7zuOxTy1RAxuTYUwfJn15jJXMNlpYNLg=&id=103857901&emailAddress=efrasier%40sbctc.edu>

unsubscribe

National Skills Coalition

1730 Rhode Island Ave NW, Suite 712

Washington, DC 20036