[BFET] Opening of components

Viola, Katie Katie.Viola at lwtech.edu
Thu Aug 4 13:55:03 PDT 2016

Hi Irene,

We can open components the first day of the month before the actual start date. For example, our fall quarter starts September 26, so I could start opening components the first day of the prior month, being August 1st.

Here is the language from the October 2015 handbook:

You may open components with future start dates (except JS) up to one calendar month in advance. Day one of the component time limits begin on the [future] start date. For example, open a September component as early as August 1st. When opening future components you must recheck eligibility before providing services as client's eligibility can terminate without notice.

I hope this helps!

Katie Viola, M. Ed | Coordinator
Basic Food, Employment, and Training (BFET)
Lake Washington Institute of Technology | West Building, W207M
Katie.Viola at lwtech.edu<mailto:Katie.Viola at lwtech.edu> | 425-576-5811
[WorkforceDevelopment_639_1235]<http://www.lwtech.edu/wfd>